- Can I sign up for news updates?
Yes, you can sign up to our news updates on the homepage of the Solent Go website.
- Is Solent Go the same as Oyster?
No, Oyster is a scheme run by Transport for London. Solent Go uses similar technology, but it does not have the same functions and features as the Oyster scheme.
- What does the ITSO logo stand for?
ITSO is the UK body responsible for the smart ticketing specification. More information can be found on the ITSO website.
- How long will my Solent Go card last for?
If cared for, your card should last for at least 5 years. You can care for your card by following these tips:
- Keep your card in a protective wallet in its own section
- Don’t bend the card. Card readers cannot read bent or cracked cards reliably
- Don’t wash, scratch or write on your card
- Don’t punch a hole in your card
- I am a business and wish to offer Solent Go to my staff.
For information tailored to your business, fill out the contact form and we’ll be pleased to help.
- Is the website safe?
Yes. The website is compliant with best practice for the secure processing of both information and payments.
- How do I submit a complaint or suggestion?
Please use the contact form at the bottom of the support page. All complaints and suggestions must be submitted using the online form. If your complaint or suggestion relates to a particular bus or ferry operator please contact them directly. Full contact details can be found on the travel information pages of the Solent Go website.
- Can I still purchase a paper Solent Travelcard?
Solent Go is the new name for the Solent Travelcard. A one day and seven day Solent Region paper ticket valid for bus travel only is still available to purchase from any participating bus operator, just ask your driver.
- Where can I download the Solent Go app for Android?
You can download the Solent Go app for Android on the Google play store
- Why is my Solent Go app for Android not working?
Check you have an Android enabled device running Ice Cream Sandwich (version 4.0.x) or later, capable of using Near Field Communication (NFC). Ensure your device has an NFC reader and that you have this enabled.
- My device doesn't read my travel card using the Solent Go app for Android.
Ensure your device has an NFC reader and that you have this enabled as this is required in order for the travelcard to be detected. Check you are holding your travelcard to the correct part of your device. The location varies on different devices so if you are unsure check with the manufacturer.
- Is there an Apple app I can use to load my purchased tickets onto my Solent Go travelcard?
We try to make purchasing and loading tickets onto your Solent Go travelcard as simple as possible. Currently the technology does not exist with Apple based products but we do have an Android app that can be used for this purpose.